How do you say more with less? Picture it.
Or, in popular social media strategy, Pinterest it.
The latest viral branding tool is Pinterest, which grabs interest in an instant with provocative imagery – no need to read.
In his article, “9 Businesses Using Pinterest Contests to Drive Traffic and Exposure“, Prafull Sharma offers eye-opening statistics and inspiring opportunities for creative marketing using the hottest new social networking tool today:
- Pinterest is the third most popular social network in the U.S. in terms of traffic.
- Pinterest has accumulated 14.9 million users as of July 2012.
- Pinterest is retaining and engaging users as much as 2-3 times more efficiently than Twitter was at a similar time in its history.
- Over 80% of pins are repins, demonstrating the tremendous “virality” at work in the Pinterest community.
- Pinterest accounted for 3.6% of referral traffic as of January 2012.
- Shoppers referred by Pinterest are 10% more likely to make a purchase than visitors who arrive from other social networks, including Facebook and Twitter.
Using Pinterest contests, your brand can engage with consumers in a personal and cost-effective way.